How can you empower others with the knowledge and tools they need to peacefully coexist with wolves with minimal conflict?
Your challenge is to create an innovative public education project that targets a particular group of people. Your media post or presentation will help this group understand more about wolves and how to peacefully coexist with them. It will also give them tools and action steps to minimize conflicts with wolves, and conflicts between people about wolves.
In designing the project, consider
- the group of people you want to help,
- the creative medium you want to work with,
- the take-away message and content to include,
- the type of project you want to create.
WHO do you want as your audience?
This will affect what you write about. Pick your audience from those groups you've learned about in the Quest. Get a quick reminder by looking back at the citizen roles in the Yellowstone simulation. You could also target people or groups you know, like your family, school, church, organization, work, or larger community.
WHICH medium will you use to create your post or presentation?
How do you like to express yourself? Here are some ideas:
- 2D art (traditional drawing or painting, printmaking, digital drawing or painting, etc)
- 3D art (sculpture, 3D computer graphics (modeling/rigging/VFX), ceramics, etc)
- Film or video
- Animation (2D, 3D, stop-motion)
- Performance (drama or dance, must be submitted as a video file)
- Poetry, spoken word (written or recorded as a podcast or video)
- Essay (Limit to 500 words, written or recorded as a podcast or video)
- Music (audio or video)
- IgniteTalks, Prezi, graphic design, creative mapping
WHAT's your take-away message for the audience?
WHAT information do you want in your post or presentation?
Your post or presentation should be factually accurate, and help the reader understand how to live peacefully with wolves by reducing conflicts with wolves, or between people about wolves. Consider including:
- A description of a conflict (real or perceived)
- A multi-media (e.g., photo, video, graphic) illustration of a solution to the conflict
- Fact(s) that dispel a particular myth related to the conflict
- Benefits for coexisting that are related to the conflict
- Proactive action steps the reader could take (e.g., tools or practices) to reduce conflict