There are five stages to this Quest
Quests are journeys to find answers to pressing questions, explore challenges, and solve problems to help the ecosystem(s) we inhabit. The goal of the Longleaf Pine Quest is help this unique and valuable ecosystem. To do so, you will:
- Q - QUESTIONS: First, we’ll ask QUESTIONS about what you observe, wonder, and want to learn about the longleaf pine forest and ecosystem, including the relationship between trees and other plant and animal species.
- U - UNCOVER: Next, we’ll UNCOVER the answers to questions about the longleaf pine forest ecosystem and select a species that depends on this ecosystem to focus on as we explore further.
- E - EXPLORE: Then, we'll EXPLORE the relationships between the forest’s plant and animal species, the longleaf pine, and fire. We’ll also explore the threats facing the ecosystem and the species you chose to focus on.
- S - SOLVE: Once we understand the problems facing the ecosystem and the species, we will design a project to help SOLVE a problem we identified and make a meaningful difference.
- T - TEACH: Finally, you’ll want to TEACH others about your project, what you’ve learned, and how others can help plant and animal species in a longleaf pine forest.