Your Voice, Your Community
With knowledge comes responsibility!
How can you objectively share what you know with others so they can make their own informed and empathetic decisions on how they want to vote?
Your Voice Across Colorado Contest
Do you want to play a bigger role in helping others across Colorado understand this complex issue?
Your Voice Across Colorado Contest gives you an opportunity to create an innovative social media post that presents balanced and objective information about wolves or wolf reintroduction in the medium of their choice. When submitted to Captain Planet Foundation, it might be selected to be broadcast on our organization’s digital platforms to reach a large audience across Colorado and the world!
Submissions accepted from October 1-30!
Examples of media to use for your project include, but are not limited to:
- 2D art (traditional drawing or painting, printmaking, digital drawing, or painting, etc)
- 3D art (sculpture, 3D computer graphics (modeling/rigging/VFX, etc), ceramics, etc.)
- Film, video
- Animation (2D, 3D, stop-motion)
- Performance (Drama or Dance, must be submitted as a video file)
- Poetry, Spoken Word (Can be submitted as a written document, or as a video of you presenting aloud)
- Essay (Limit 500 words, can be submitted as a written document, or as a video of you presenting aloud)
- Music (Audio or video)
- IgniteTalks, Prezi, graphic design, creative mapping
All Film, Performing Arts, Animation, and Music submissions must be submitted as an .mov or .mp4 video file that does not exceed 5 MB, and must not be more than 2 minutes.
Submissions will be judged by an expert panel on the following criteria:
- Factual Information
- Clarity of Message
Submissions will be disqualified if they contain the following:
- Overly biased or false information
- Attempts to coerce voters’ decisions
- Extreme gore or violence
- Explicit language or content
How can we teach other people in our community about wolf reintroduction so they can be informed and empathetic?
Make a plan to share what you’ve learned with others in your community. Results from the community survey (if you have them) can help guide your thinking. As modeled in this Quest, you will want to present the science related to common public misperceptions and give a balanced explanation of different perspectives from across the state and in your community. That way, community members can decide for themselves how they feel about wolf reintroduction. Their position could be the same or different from yours, and that’s ok! Your goal is to give a balanced and objective presentation.